Thursday, March 6, 2008

XM Song Selection

Yesterday, I heard the opening strains of the Macarena on the XM '90s channel. I flipped the channel immediately.

This morning, I heard the opening strains of Mambo Number 5. Again, I evacuated that frequency post haste.

Come on, people. Really? I mean, really? Those songs are just terrible by any rational measure. You have a whole decade of songs at your fingertips. If you have to play these songs, play them at 3 am or thereabouts.

And while I'm on the subject, what's up with the Milli Vanilli on the '80s channel? They sucked and didn't sing their own songs! Don't play them!

4 comments:

Ken said...

You'll enjoy this.

Two Shorten the Road said...

Ha! Hilarious. :)

caramama said...

No way! I love those songs! Well, not the Macarena--that one does suck. But Mambo #5 makes me want to do the mambo or otherwise dance! And Milli Vanilli is just funny to listen to!

Apparently my musical tastes are as discerning as yours. hehe.

p.s. I tagged you for a meme. Deal with it.

caramama said...

Oops, typo. I mean my musical tastes are NOT as discerning as yours. As in, I have no taste. :P