Friday, February 8, 2008

How Hard Is It to Put on Some Pants?

I've mentioned our next-door neighbor before in this space. She's the one with the barky dogs, bleached hair, cottage cheese thighs (and a propensity for short shorts), inability to make eye contact, and recycling bins overflowing with empty liquor bottles.

Generally, we don't see too much of her. But a couple of weekends back, Steve was making breakfast when I heard him say, with great gravity, "Oh my GOD." I quickly trotted into the kitchen to find him staring out the window at our neighbor, who had gone to the mailboxes with no pants on. She was wearing, as far as we could tell, a quilted jacket and flip flops. That's it. In 20-degree weather. And the quilted jacket was not a long garment.

We took a picture. See for yourself:

Seriously. How hard is it to throw some pants on?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha!

Alix said...

LOL apparently very hard for some people!
Love your blog name btw.

Anonymous said...

I love you. Seriously. This is hilarious

dcpeg said...

Who needs warm clothes when one is filled with antifreeze?! Still, it's sad to see someone so far gone. . .

Two Shorten the Road said...

Peg, good point -- I hadn't thought she might be warm on the inside. ;)

Someone told me I was mean to take the picture -- but geez, she stood out there in public for quite a while! It's not like I peeked into her window.

NG said...

I have to admit, I often go to the mailbox in my pajamas, but that's just because I'm still wearing them at 3:00 pm.

MB said...

That could totally be me. Except I don't bleach my hair. But everything else: guilty.

Karen said...

Is that a cheek peeking out?! I think I just barfed a little. I'm sorry you're subjected to that kind of behaviour.

caramama said...

I'm tore. On the one hand, this is sooooo funny! On the other hand, it's pretty sad.

But since I don't know her, I think I'm just going to laugh. ;-)

caramama said...

That was supposed to be "I'm torn."

Pamela T. said...

WOW! That's not something you want to see when breakfast is under way. Talk about an appetite killer!

Anonymous said...

OMG this is my first visit to your blog and THAT is the sight that greeted me. Too too funny. You couldn't NOT take a photo and put it on the internet. I believe you're obliged to do so.

KH99 said...

Hi,
First time visitor as well. I'm also a UUer. Hysterical picture!

m said...

I don't think you were mean. She is two inches away from a public road. She's fair game in my book.

I don't really understand the aversion to pants. My husband boycotted visiting my mom for months because she was on a "no pants" kick. Not as blatant as this, more like extra long shirts worn as house dresses.

But still gross and disconcerting.

The photo is hilarious.