Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day

About 8 or 9 years ago, when I lived in NYC, I would take St. Patrick's Day off and find an Irish pub in which to plant myself starting around noon on the big day. Total alcohol consumption: unmeasurable.

Today, I wore a green suit jacket to my client meeting, and bought a shamrock shake at McDonald's on the way. It was tasty and delicious. When I got home this evening, I cooked corned beef and potatoes (puhdaydahs to my New England relatives), and the big excitement came when we gave our beagle some of the beef. Total alcohol consumption: half a beer with dinner and a hot toddy afterwards.

How times have changed.

I'll tell you what, though -- it was a pretty good day. And I won't have to deal with a hangover tomorrow.

2 comments:

sara said...

Thanks for the good wishes..we actually had our retrieval yesterday on St Patrick's day. I'll write an update later, but they got 5 eggs and all five fertilized..thank god! Glad you had a good one too without the hangover!

Mazzy said...

Haha!!
Any St. Patty's celebration minus the hang over is pure genius.