Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

I never really thought too much about Mother's Day before this year, except to make sure I sent my mom some flowers or something and called on the actual day. But this year, I'm not sure what to make of it.

If my first pregnancy had lasted, I'd be about halfway through, and I might be able to feel confident thinking of today as something I theoretically could celebrate. But now, it's too early to count on anything with this one. It's strange. I wonder if I'll be celebrating Mother's Day as a mom next year.

At the moment, my size 8 jeans are feeling a bit tight around my lower abdomen. Very sad. I still haven't called my OB/GYN about the pregnancy. I have my annual exam scheduled for May 25, and it takes months to get on her schedule for an annual. Initially I figured I might as well hold off on canceling that, just in case. Now I'm thinking maybe they can just change that appointment to an 8 week exam. I still don't want to call them, because I'm worried they might make me come in later. I just want to get in there and find out if there's a heartbeat. It's my understanding that if you make it to 8 weeks with a fetal heartbeat, chances of a miscarriage drop to less than 10%.

It might make me feel better about the whole thing.

No comments: