Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring, Finally

In an attempt to try a new route from a client meeting to my office, I inadvertently ended up in downtown DC. As locals know, the traffic during the annual Cherry Blossom Festival is no picnic, and this little detour cost me an extra 35 minutes. Sitting in the traffic, I noticed small white flakes flying past my car window. My brain automatically associated them with snow -- we had so much this year, at times it almost seemed spring would never come. But of course, they weren't snowflakes.
They were cherry blossoms.

2 comments:

caramama said...

Beautiful! I'm hoping to get downtown to see them while they are still in bloom, but we'll see.

Isn't it amazing how easy it is to inadvertently end up in DC when driving? At least you had a great view.

dcpeg said...

Ah! Don't you just love serendipity!! Happy Easter!